Anyone got a possible ID on this?

RyanTheSquid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
205
Reaction score
72
Location
New Mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue what this could be, single polyp, 3/8" across approximately. Does not feeble any coral in the tank, closes up and opens with the lights.
I do have a small hydroid (I think) on an acan, other than that I have not seen any clear pests or hitchhikers in the tank other than some worms I had leave the tank when getting rid of Zoas.
20250504_180330.jpg 20250504_161820.jpg 20250504_180306.jpg 20250504_180330.jpg
 
No clue what this could be, single polyp, 3/8" across approximately. Does not feeble any coral in the tank, closes up and opens with the lights.
I do have a small hydroid (I think) on an acan, other than that I have not seen any clear pests or hitchhikers in the tank other than some worms I had leave the tank when getting rid of Zoas.
20250504_180330.jpg 20250504_161820.jpg 20250504_180306.jpg 20250504_180330.jpg
I agree…def recordia
 
Upvote 0
I agree…def recordia
Do recordia hitchhike? Looking up images of both, right now it looks like a ball anemone, been there a couple weeks and hasn't really grown much. From what I can tell, neither are a concern though?
 
Upvote 0
Do recordia hitchhike? Looking up images of both, right now it looks like a ball anemone, been there a couple weeks and hasn't really grown much. From what I can tell, neither are a concern though?
neither are. the only reason it looks like a ricordea, is because of the markings. But, it could be the camera.
 
Upvote 0
Just hitchhikers? Any common coral or livestock they find their way in on?
Mine came on a wild Zoa rock. The rock had two. I now have three or four. They tend to grow in holes hence not near as invasive as far as I’ve seen and understand.

Pic from mine when I first got. Not a great pic but hopefully helps you confirm if this is the same

1746410364806.jpeg
 
Upvote 0
Mine came on a wild Zoa rock. The rock had two. I now have three or four. They tend to grow in holes hence not near as invasive as far as I’ve seen and understand.

Pic from mine when I first got. Not a great pic but hopefully helps you confirm if this is the same

1746410364806.jpeg
Looks similar as far as I can tell, I got some hammers and a torch recent, guessing it came with them.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a ball nem to me
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new