Anyone got a tank in these dimensions?

mrsaltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Length x width (front to back) x depth (top to bottom)

60 x 24 x 30
60 x 30 x 30

if so please post some pictures!

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 150 is 48x24x30 but its not for sale.lol deep tanks look good but are a pain when u need to get sonething at the bottom in a hard to reach spot. And yes I have the grabber thing but sometimes it juat don't cut it.

kirkleigh84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is 60x30x24 DAP.
020.jpg

022.jpg

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is 60x30x24 DAP.

Do you have a pic with something/someone next to the tank? It will some scale/perspective.

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank bro. I like those dimensions too, kinda the way I like my women......please don't tell my wife I posted that....j/k

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank but wheres the fish? lol i like the small ammount of rock you have looks nice i dont like tons of rock in my tank. you tank looks like a nice nano scaping of the ocean. what i mean is in true nano scapes the idea is to make something look much bigger than it is in a small container and by comparison your tank is a nano compared to ocean so its a nice looking scene i might actually see similar if i was diving or something.

this is the same type of idea i been thinking of for the 180 im planning to buy gonna use low rock scapes and try make it looks like a scene from the ocean.

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank but wheres the fish? you tank looks like a nice nano scaping of the ocean. what i mean is in true nano scapes the idea is to make something look much bigger than it is in a small container and by comparison your tank is a nano compared to ocean so its a nice looking scene i might actually see similar if i was diving or something.

They're "nano fish"...to scale with the rocks...LOL

reewik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hijack your thread but why so deap? What are you planning for the aquascaping. I really with I had gone with a 72x30x24 instead of my 180. I may take this step next if I do an upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrsaltwatertank

mrsaltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hijack your thread but why so deap? What are you planning for the aquascaping. I really with I had gone with a 72x30x24 instead of my 180. I may take this step next if I do an upgrade.

I see the vertical dimension as free real estate. Just like in big cities...when you can't go out, you go UP!

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the vertical dimension as free real estate. Just like in big cities...when you can't go out, you go UP!

This is just my opinion but after the tank is up and you need to get in the far back center of the tank you may regret the Deep tank, As do most people i know that have such tanks. But they look cool even if they suck to work on...
Bill

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the tall tanks because if u have bigger fish like tangs they need room to swim and people what the heck long skinny tanks dont really have appropriate room for bigger fish to swim my fish really enjoy the room they have around my rocks and above them

reewik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the tall tanks because if u have bigger fish like tangs they need room to swim and people what the heck long skinny tanks dont really have appropriate room for bigger fish to swim my fish really enjoy the room they have around my rocks and above them

Taller = more room for Tangs to swim... no, no, no.... Tangs go back and forth not up and down (most of the time)... wrong type of fish for this reasoning... LOL

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back