anyone have a clarisea filter roller installed in a icecap sump?

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an icecap 36XL sump ( 2 x 7" filter socks) and wanted to set up a clarisea filter roller SK-5000.... anyone have one installed that could share some pictures? thanks , D

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same sump and question. Did you ever try it or find any info?

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IceCap 48XL. For a little over a year I was running two klir DI-7 and was very happy with it. They worked great! A little over a year after I got them the motor burnt out on one. Tried to find a replacement, but it was hard to find and always out of stock.

Three months later the motor burnt out on the second one, and I hadn't been able to find a replacement motor for the first one. 3-4 months after that I have given up on finding replacement parts for the klir, and haven't found a rollermat that seems to fit it otherwise.

A few weeks ago I bit the bullet and bought a synergy reef SK-60 that accepts clarisea roller mats and socks stock. It also looks like it will be easy to mod for other rollermats down the road so I don't run into this problem again. I haven't got the new sump yet though, so no opinions on that yet.

Not sure how much that helps. If new motors were available for the klir I would highly recommend them, but after 6+ months I have not seen them in stock, or gotten an in stock email from coralvue. No one else seems to sell them.

PS - both the klirs had the updated motor when I first got them.

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else can help with a fleecer roller system for the icecap sump? the KLIR is not a good quality roller... thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back