Anyone have a problem with cone snails?

Mike Paletta

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
119
Reaction score
758
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last two months I have taken out at least ten cone snails of various sizes from my sps tank. During that time I have lost several colonies and in each case there was a cone snail on the base. I thought they did not eat corals, but would be interested if anyone has shared this experience? And does anyone know if they do damage sps corals?
 
If your talking about limpets
CRW_9455.jpg
then yes. I never had a problem with my acros, but i did have a problem with them killing parts of my birds nest at the base. I took them all out and have only left 2 of these
Invert_001[1] limpet.jpg
and have not had any problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new