Anyone have bicinctus clowns?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had clarkiis but an unfortunate tank crash happened in my family home tank during a vacation my family went on. Long story short one of the fish sitters I think simply didn't do their job and the fish died from a domino effect of neglecting the tank.

Now I am thinking of getting bicinctus clownfish, but i am not sure what their general temperment is like. My clarkii's were amazing, and I am considering them again, but want to consider the bicinctus. Thoughts?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank they will be in, and will you be taking more family vacations?

I have found that once I loose a prized specimen or pair of fishes they really cant be replaced. Your amazing clowns if replaced, will have a tough time to live up to your expectations. No way to explain this last part, but since no one has answered for a few days I thought I would fill in the space that others don't want to engage with.

Anyway, get them if you can take care of them and like them for what/who they are. (I like both Clarkii & Bicin's myself) :cool:

OP
OP
Spare time

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank they will be in, and will you be taking more family vacations?

I have found that once I loose a prized specimen or pair of fishes they really cant be replaced. Your amazing clowns if replaced, will have a tough time to live up to your expectations. No way to explain this last part, but since no one has answered for a few days I thought I would fill in the space that others don't want to engage with.

Anyway, get them if you can take care of them and like them for what/who they are. (I like both Clarkii & Bicin's myself) :cool:

I ended up getting sebae clowns. They basically get a 48 gallon to themselves. :)

And yeah there are a number of new ways on this tank to stop the domino effect that caused the last crash so even if the tank sitter completely does nothing, the tank will be fine for at least a little while longer. Sad part was I wasn't even able to go on this family vacation (this tank is at my family home so I couldn't take care of it as I now live a 14 hour drive away)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back