Anyone have experience with FixICK ?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like every year there is some new 'ich' med or treatment. In 2003, the miracle 'cure' was putting ginger in fish food... on facebook yesterday someone was putting cloves of garlic in their tank... not feeding it... just in the tank. Might ward off vampires too!

Then you shop for ich medicine... medic, kick ich, paraguard, super ich cure, herbtana, ich-X and others...

but these are hardly cures... maybe management tools at best.

There is no reason to continue to be fooled by these companies.

mosertree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Yeah, it doesn't work. It does supress ich...seemingly but doesn't cure it.
Thank you. Recently I had my first out break of ick or velvet or both. Anyway my dragonet was the only casualty. I made the mistake of not quarantining a fish, actually I’ve never quarantined a fish. But my tank is fairly new and the fish that lived in it were bought together at the same fish store. A few weeks ago we decided to visit a different store a d they had a springer Damsel, a fish that I had wanted to add to the tank. So we bought it. Within a week or so my Dragonet was dead. Then I noticed spots on my clowns. The regular local fish store suggest a hospital tank because I have corals in my tank and lots of snail, hermits and other crawly stuff and they sold me the Fixich. I’ve been using it in the hospital tank for two weeks now (so I’m on the second round) and I don’t really think it is working. The fish are still alive and they seem happier. They are eating and all but their still seems to be some spots on my Jewel Damsels tail. I wasn’t sure, I supposed it could be that his tail has just not recovered. That is why I decided to do a search and came across your post. Actually both of your post, one of which was off subject and this one. Thank you so much for your response. Do you have any suggestions on a different medication to add to the hospital tank?

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far the two most common qt meds are prazipro and copper power. I dont like cupramine as i dont think it is as stable as copper power and it is harsher in sensistive fish.

Add fish, get them eating a couple days and then add prazi. 7 days later, 25% water change and then start adding copper.

Bite the bullet and buy a hannah copper meter. Quick, easy, ACCURATE! Go here and calculate the amount of copper you need to reach 2.25. https://www.calconic.com/calculator-widgets/copper-power-calculator/5c1f3b80cfbb64001b85c089

Then spread out the dose over a week.

I have live rock in my QT and it will absorb copper at first buy will become quickly saturated then you are good to go. If you need to add more copper, use the calculator.

I also keep antibiotics on hand if they get beat up or scratched in QT.

Cheers.

mosertree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far the two most common qt meds are prazipro and copper power. I dont like cupramine as i dont think it is as stable as copper power and it is harsher in sensistive fish.

Add fish, get them eating a couple days and then add prazi. 7 days later, 25% water change and then start adding copper.

Bite the bullet and buy a hannah copper meter. Quick, easy, ACCURATE! Go here and calculate the amount of copper you need to reach 2.25. https://www.calconic.com/calculator-widgets/copper-power-calculator/5c1f3b80cfbb64001b85c089

Then spread out the dose over a week.

I have live rock in my QT and it will absorb copper at first buy will become quickly saturated then you are good to go. If you need to add more copper, use the calculator.

I also keep antibiotics on hand if they get beat up or scratched in QT.

Cheers.
Thank for this advice, it is much appreciated!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back