Anyone have experience with reef safe putty

SaucyJuicySteak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to stabilize the scape to an existing tank and removing the rock to drill or cement together is not an option. I am new to the hobby and have zero experience with putty, does anyone have any product suggestions, instructions on how to use it, or tips, I am also open to other suggestions on how to stabilize the scape. I’m sure any help will be greatly appreciated.

Eight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to stabilize the scape to an existing tank and removing the rock to drill or cement together is not an option. I am new to the hobby and have zero experience with putty, does anyone have any product suggestions, instructions on how to use it, or tips, I am also open to other suggestions on how to stabilize the scape. I’m sure any help will be greatly appreciated.

The best cost effective putty I have used (and others) is called Apoxie Sculpt. You can buy it in Amazon for $24. It's two part, non toxic, comes in colors (but I would buy natural) and cures underwater. Easy to work with. I pair it with superglue for mounting frags super securely. You can use it to build structures if you really wanted to.

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used some jb water weld. I did some research on here and it was an easy product to buy as Home Depot has it. Package says it’s for portable water.
It cures white so be discreet with it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back