Anyone have phyto cultures?

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I recently got some dwarf seahorses again and am going to culture copepods to supplement baby brine shrimp for food. I was very successful raising copepods using phyto the last time I tried it. Does anyone local raise phyto before I order some? Or even copepods? I'll buy some from you.

I started some from DTs last time but am not having much luck this time.

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sean at Ebay is raising several things but maybe just pods? You might give him a call. If he isn't raising any he might know where to get some.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I recently got some dwarf seahorses again and am going to culture copepods to supplement baby brine shrimp for food. I was very successful raising copepods using phyto the last time I tried it. Does anyone local raise phyto before I order some? Or even copepods? I'll buy some from you.

I started some from DTs last time but am not having much luck this time.
Sean has 2 different kinds of phyto. Also Andrew at Clarksville reef make his own phyto

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 Seas and Emerald Bay both have Coral Reefing Products Phyto (they'll be at the swap also.) The Critter has DT's and Clarksville Reef and Reptiles cultures his own. I've thought about culturing my own phyto, pods and brine just haven't.

Jason edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used refridgerated phyto paste/concentrate in the past that most reef stores sell in the fridge section. Worked fine for pods without having to run additional cultures. But then again phyto isn't too hard to culture either

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back