Anyone have success with DinoX?

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had Dinos for the past 4 months. I’ve tried everything to get rid of them but nothing is working. I heard about dinox and decided to give it a try. My LFS said it works. Anyway I’ve been using it for the past 2 weeks and notice no difference. If anything it might even be a bit worse. It’s supposed to get rid of them within a month but I thought I’d at least see some gradual improvement. I can’t imagine on day 30 that they will just all of a suddenly disappear. It’s so heartbreaking to go through this. All my corals are dying. I’ve had the tank for almost 2 years with really no issues, everything was growing great and then out of no where Dinos and now just about everything is dead, except the fish. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1st, are you sure its Dinos?

2nd, what are your water parameters at? If you don't take care of the issue before adding some "magical" chemical, then it will be a losing battle.

I am not an expert by no means, I am currently going thru the Dinos myself. But I am also trying to get my parameters back in check.

Here, however is what I have done to try and get ahold of mine.

Lowered the light schedule down, from 9 hours to 7.
Lowered the intensity of my lights, Ecotec's were at 50% and now down to 15%.
Slowed the flow thru my UV sterilizer
Phosphates are currently .028, trying to get those to .05ish
Nitrates are 25-30 and I am trying to get those to 10ish.

Like I said, I just started with attacking the nitrates and phosphates, but the other 3 things has helped so far to slow the death that was happening in the tank.

Hope this helps.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only way I ever got rid of dino's, was reading this thread, and following the instructions. You need to ID the type you have first.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back