Anyone in Auburn

Downsouthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone. I'm looking to find a few people in the hobby and live in Auburn. So if you are here or in Montgomery and have a club or group that is active, I'd love to meet some fellow reefers.

Thanks,

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone. I'm looking to find a few people in the hobby and live in Auburn. So if you are here or in Montgomery and have a club or group that is active, I'd love to meet some fellow reefers.

Thanks,
Contact Budman in Montgomery. He may can help and has a killer set up

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Roll Tide and welcome to R2R! :p

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. Roll tide

652EA439-A27D-4312-A544-ED98952EAA89.jpeg

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do a search for Budman. He has a thread on his 510 gal build

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do a search for Budman. He has a thread on his 510 gal build
This. He also sells on the Coral Reef Mkt app and has an Instagram. He's a great guy, just wish he sold stuff other than sticks that I'd kill. Another seller in that area is Glow Pop Corals. I think they're in Pratville and you can find them online somewhere by googling. Where are you from? I'm happy to chat about reefing if you're ever in the 'Ham.

As for the market in Auburn. That Petco you have in Opelika isn't too bad, I try to stop by whenever I'm in town. You've also got a good store in Montgomery, and I've heard that there's a shop in Columbus.

OP
OP
Downsouthreefer

Downsouthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. He also sells on the Coral Reef Mkt app and has an Instagram. He's a great guy, just wish he sold stuff other than sticks that I'd kill. Another seller in that area is Glow Pop Corals. I think they're in Pratville and you can find them online somewhere by googling. Where are you from? I'm happy to chat about reefing if you're ever in the 'Ham.

As for the market in Auburn. That Petco you have in Opelika isn't too bad, I try to stop by whenever I'm in town. You've also got a good store in Montgomery, and I've heard that there's a shop in Columbus.
Thanks, Tufyyyyy Ill look into the stores you mentioned. I go out to the Petco in Opelika some now. If I come up to BHAM are there any stores you frequent there?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Tufyyyyy Ill look into the stores you mentioned. I go out to the Petco in Opelika some now. If I come up to BHAM are there any stores you frequent there?
The primary store in Birmingham is Reef Life right off of 280. Depending on when you go, they have an okay coral selection. They almost always have a good selection of fish though, and I usually feel safe buying fish from them. The other store in town is Aquarium Imports off of US31. They're alright, probably worth stopping by if you already drove 100 miles.

I really like going to shows, so here's a list of events in the area:
Montgomery had a big show this year called the CODAX Expo. The main guy is part of Glow Pop, and it was definitely the largest show I've been to in this state.
Atlanta has a show once or twice a year, I haven't been but I know people make the trip over from Birmingham.
Birmingham usually has 2 small shows, but I think they've been getting smaller over the years.
Huntsville has a couple of smaller shows put on my R2R members.
Nashville has the MTRC expo which I've heard is pretty big. There's also always Reefapalooza in Orlando.

OP
OP
Downsouthreefer

Downsouthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The primary store in Birmingham is Reef Life right off of 280. Depending on when you go, they have an okay coral selection. They almost always have a good selection of fish though, and I usually feel safe buying fish from them. The other store in town is Aquarium Imports off of US31. They're alright, probably worth stopping by if you already drove 100 miles.

I really like going to shows, so here's a list of events in the area:
Montgomery had a big show this year called the CODAX Expo. The main guy is part of Glow Pop, and it was definitely the largest show I've been to in this state.
Atlanta has a show once or twice a year, I haven't been but I know people make the trip over from Birmingham.
Birmingham usually has 2 small shows, but I think they've been getting smaller over the years.
Huntsville has a couple of smaller shows put on my R2R members.
Nashville has the MTRC expo which I've heard is pretty big. There's also always Reefapalooza in Orlando.
Thanks for all those great suggestions. I will be sure to look at getting by a few on my next trip to BHAM.

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is against my normal privacy protocol but I am in Auburn but have been out of the hobby for couple years just starting back up so I have no corals yet. Be glad to talk though. Thought there were only two of us in town.

Paul W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,
Did you ever find a group in the area? We are in Wetumpka. My wife works in Auburn and frequents the PetCo in Opelika so much that they know her by name now.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you ever find a group in the area? We are in Wetumpka. My wife works in Auburn and frequents the PetCo in Opelika so much that they know her by name now.
There are a couple Facebook groups that are relatively active. Auburn Opelika Reef and Aquarium Club and Montgomery AL aquarium enthusiasts

NomadicReefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all,

I live in Auburn and joined the hobby around a year and a half ago. I started my tank in my apartment and have moved it three times cross country and she’s still going strong. I am also looking for some sort of club or group to become active in. I joined the Auburn Opelika Reef and Aquarium Club on facebook and should be more active in it (I honestly just hate facebook).

Additionally, what LFS should I visit in Atlanta? I’m planning on heading there this weekend.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi y’all,

I live in Auburn and joined the hobby around a year and a half ago. I started my tank in my apartment and have moved it three times cross country and she’s still going strong. I am also looking for some sort of club or group to become active in. I joined the Auburn Opelika Reef and Aquarium Club on facebook and should be more active in it (I honestly just hate facebook).

Additionally, what LFS should I visit in Atlanta? I’m planning on heading there this weekend.
I live in Opelika. There is not much in our area, but ATL is not far. If you haven't joined already, create an account with Atlanta Reef Club. They have a frag swap coming up in March, should have a good turnout.

As far as fish stores in ATL, I would suggest:
Nemos( they have 2 locations Duluth and Lilburn), Atlanta Aquarium, Reef Shac, Pure Reef are my favorites. They have some other fish stores.

NomadicReefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay awesome, Ill definitely have to check some of them out. It’s gonna be a dangerous game going after the breweries.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back