Anyone keeping Acropora nobilis?

BristleWormHater

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
7,845
Location
Roswell, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora nobilis, the classic staghorn coral. I know these are rare since collection from the wild for this species is illegal, but there is the Bali aquacultured variety that is perfectly legal. I'm looking for succes stories with these, water parameters, par levels, and any other relevant details.
Thanks!
 
There are a handful of real thick branch staghorns that are cool, but unfortunately, we see very few of them here in the US versus abroad.
 
E23E67B0-B34C-440F-B4E9-B4ADEA1273A2.jpeg


This was sold as a stag horn to me about 10 years ago. I don’t know if it’s the exact type your referring to. It grew fine just like any other acro, nothing special was neede
 
I have a Copps' Calacali Acro from battle corals about 4 months ago looks fine but has not done much yet.

​

 
E23E67B0-B34C-440F-B4E9-B4ADEA1273A2.jpeg


This was sold as a stag horn to me about 10 years ago. I don’t know if it’s the exact type you’re referring to. It grew fine just like any other acro, nothing special was neede
That looks like Acropora loisetteae to me. Long thin branching staghorn variety.
 
Acropora nobilis, the classic staghorn coral. I know these are rare since collection from the wild for this species is illegal, but there is the Bali aquacultured variety that is perfectly legal. I'm looking for succes stories with these, water parameters, par levels, and any other relevant details.
Thanks!
Looking at Corals of the World, it appears this is now called Acropora intermedia. I think I may have a small colony of this. I’ll see if I can get a pic.
 
Thanks for all the input, putting A. nobilis aside whats a good source for staghorn acropora in general? These are the only acros I really love the look of and would be interested in keeping. So a good place to buy some would be great.
Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new