Anyone know about pruning fruit trees?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are certain times of the year that are best for ether growing fruit or growing mass on the tree when it comes to pruning fruit trees. I just cant remember which times of the year is best for which end result. Does anyone here know?

lawnman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LoL I know a thing or 2 about fruit trees. You wanna trim fruit trees in the fall. You never trim a fruit tree in the spring. No flowers no fruit. I am guessing this is a peach tree?

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha no a pie cherry tree. I gave it the buzz cut anyhow. I also have a bunch of smaller fruit trees that I planted about 6 to 7 years ago that I would rather encourage new tree growth on. I haven't really pruned them yet other than cut lower branches off so I can get the riding lawnmower under them.

They range from:
Bing Cherry, the sweet white Cherry's "forgot the name", apricot, pear, nectarine, and the fall type apples "I wanna say they are kings".

My pear trees haven't really done nothing yet, I think I have ether two males or two females so they aren't pollinating each other.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prunes grow on trees?

LoL I know a thing or 2 about fruit trees. You wanna trim fruit trees in the fall. You never trim a fruit tree in the spring. No flowers no fruit. I am guessing this is a peach tree?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 80 62.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back