Anyone know about pruning fruit trees?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
637
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are certain times of the year that are best for ether growing fruit or growing mass on the tree when it comes to pruning fruit trees. I just cant remember which times of the year is best for which end result. Does anyone here know?
 
LoL I know a thing or 2 about fruit trees. You wanna trim fruit trees in the fall. You never trim a fruit tree in the spring. No flowers no fruit. I am guessing this is a peach tree?
 
Haha no a pie cherry tree. I gave it the buzz cut anyhow. I also have a bunch of smaller fruit trees that I planted about 6 to 7 years ago that I would rather encourage new tree growth on. I haven't really pruned them yet other than cut lower branches off so I can get the riding lawnmower under them.

They range from:
Bing Cherry, the sweet white Cherry's "forgot the name", apricot, pear, nectarine, and the fall type apples "I wanna say they are kings".

My pear trees haven't really done nothing yet, I think I have ether two males or two females so they aren't pollinating each other.
 
Prunes grow on trees?

LoL I know a thing or 2 about fruit trees. You wanna trim fruit trees in the fall. You never trim a fruit tree in the spring. No flowers no fruit. I am guessing this is a peach tree?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new