Anyone know how to print with a 3D Printer?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Elegoo Mars printer and I designed something on my computer but I don't know how to transfer it to the printer.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you brother. I can design stuff for this thing but I can't figure out how to get it out of the computer, into the printer.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried plugging it in... lol. After that I'm lost. Maybe bang it a few times. That's all the technical stuff I got. But if you need something mechanically fixed im your guy Haha.

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also what are you using as your slicing software? You have to import your design file into your slicing software (Cura, Simplify3D, etc.) and then send it to the printer.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I load it or rather my son loads it to an SD card than sticks it in the printer

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your almost going over my head. I designed a gear. I use a lot of gears in my steampunk things and they don't have to be very strong, just turn. I got the thing designed in "Tinkercad".

When I go to slice or print it it automatically brings up Chitubox which is the software the printer manufacturer says to use. But that is to complicated so I figured I could do it in Tinkercad.

But thats as far as I could get. I can't figure how to get it from my computer to the printer. I don't know squat about slicing but I sliced it a number of times (I think) But it doesn't seem to do anything.

Ihave a USB cable that can go between the software and I have the zip drive that came with the Elegoo Mars 3 D printer.

What am I missing besides everything?

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your almost going over my head. I designed a gear. I use a lot of gears in my steampunk things and they don't have to be very strong, just turn. I got the thing designed in "Tinkercad".

When I go to slice or print it it automatically brings up Chitubox which is the software the printer manufacturer says to use. But that is to complicated so I figured I could do it in Tinkercad.

But thats as far as I could get. I can't figure how to get it from my computer to the printer. I don't know squat about slicing but I sliced it a number of times (I think) But it doesn't seem to do anything.

Ihave a USB cable that can go between the software and I have the zip drive that came with the Elegoo Mars 3 D printer.

What am I missing besides everything?
I could be wrong here but I believe you do need to use a slicing software. I am not familiar with chitubox, but the slicing software decodes the part you have designed in tinkercad, and tells your printer how to print it.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video on exporting STL, stereolithography, files from Tinkercad. The first step of going from design to print.

From what I can tell, you might be stuck with Chitubox since this is a resin printer, not a FDM, fused deposition modeling, printer. Different printer design and printing method.

Here is a long playlist of Chitubox tutorials:

The tutorial will take you from importing the STL to printing your first part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen that tinkercad video and that must be an older version because on the one I downloaded, those pushbuttons are not there. I can find other places on the program to do those functions but they still don't seem to work with my printer.

Also using Chitubox, it gives you all those silly creatures, dragons and such to print, although I have no idea why you would want any of that ridiculous junk. I can't find out how to design my own creation there.

I am still looking.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check them out. Thanks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back