Anyone Know if this is Coralline Algae or is it something else?

mr fishy 3000

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have had my tank up for 8 months now and I have what I believe is coralline algae growing. I just need some help identifying because it’s not bright pink. It starts off green then transitions to this grey on the glass. The stuff on the rock is bright pink so I am pretty sure that is coraline.

Thanks for the help in advance!

IMG_1266.jpeg IMG_1267.jpeg IMG_1268.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1273.jpeg
    IMG_1273.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 94
Green=coraline
Pink=coraline
Purple=coraline
White=dead/dying coraline, but don't panic. It comes and goes. If you keep stability, it will stay.
 
Green=coraline
Pink=coraline
Purple=coraline
White=dead/dying coraline, but don't panic. It comes and goes. If you keep stability, it will stay.
Should I scrap the dead stuff off then?
 
Green=coraline
Pink=coraline
Purple=coraline
White=dead/dying coraline, but don't panic. It comes and goes. If you keep stability, it will stay.
I did have a couple weeks where I didn’t do my weekly water changes and the nitrates got up to 50 ppm. I did 4 water changes in the past week and got them in check! Should be fairly stable from here on out!
 
I agree with the above posts. Coralline comes in a variety of colors. It fades to white if it dies. Eventually though the purple coralline is the dominant strain and takes over.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new