Anyone know what these little things are?

n4soccer06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed these little things on my glass display when I was feeding (ie return and display pumps are off). They seems to be sliding on the glass. What are they? Next question are they good or bad?

20210122_185734_exported_27368_1611405879978~2.jpg

Trying to upload a video but I'm having problems with it uploading.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try uploading a video to youtube, then uploading the link in a comment here. Just judging by that one pic, it looks like a flatworm. More pics or a video would definitely help with a more positive id.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A flatworm of some sort possible ghost fw. If they are ghosts they are harmless.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the forked tail, the color, and the shape, that looks like the flatworms that eat copepods. They're pretty harmless in small amounts. Your options are: 1. Get a wrasse to eat them. 2. Manually suck them out with airline tubing or a turkey baster. 3. Use Flatworm Exit and go the chemical route. 4. Leave them alone and see if they die off eventually.

OP
OP
N

n4soccer06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the forked tail, the color, and the shape, that looks like the flatworms that eat copepods. They're pretty harmless in small amounts. Your options are: 1. Get a wrasse to eat them. 2. Manually suck them out with airline tubing or a turkey baster. 3. Use Flatworm Exit and go the chemical route. 4. Leave them alone and see if they die off eventually.
Great info, thank you. Semi interesting, I don't believe I have any copepod. I appreciate the options on how to remove them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back