Anyone know what this is?

Yourlocalreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2022
Messages
127
Reaction score
83
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
33AEE455-17B5-4D33-A9E9-80FA54BBA535.jpeg
 
No idea but it kind of looks like a giant version of what I'm trying to identify in another thread. Yours definitely looks anemone like though, and I don't think mine is because it hasn't moved at all. Watch to see if yours travels.
 
Upvote 0
No idea but it kind of looks like a giant version of what I'm trying to identify in another thread. Yours definitely looks anemone like though, and I don't think mine is because it hasn't moved at all. Watch to see if yours travels.
I’ll definitely keep watch it doesn’t seem harmful so far
 
Upvote 0
Poke it. Does it retract? Run away? I would isolate it if it's mobile until you get a proper ID.
 
Upvote 0
If it has a foot, then it's probably some sort of majano nem.
 
Upvote 0
If it has a foot, then it's probably some sort of majano nem.
Definitely has a foot and reacts like an anemone I’ll look into more images to see if it’s a type of anemone.
 

Attachments

  • 44E708AD-7596-4F41-8195-5305EEEEBE8E.jpeg
    44E708AD-7596-4F41-8195-5305EEEEBE8E.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new