Anyone live near SE Gilbert? Semi emergency

73_Travelall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, newb on here was on reefcentral about a decade ago. Havent had a tank for about 8 years until just recently.

Onto the emergency part lol. The lady and myself are heading to the Philippines right now, my grandmother is house, dog, and tank sitting.. she has macular degeneration and was not able to read my refractometer, went out bought an instant ocean hydrometer so she can check salinity. Refractometer was reading .025 ive not calibrated it i have however compared to LFS water from livestock ive brought home. So dip the hydrometer in and show .030! So instantly i panic and start bringing level down this was hours ago and i believe the hydrometer is now reading .028

Livestock; clown pair, 2 purple firefish, 2 ywg, and scarlet cleaner. Ive got a few corals that all look happy except the zoas i picked up at the frag event which are SLOWLY coming around and popping out.

Is anyone able to help her get salinity in check?
Must have refractometer at this point im not sure which one is off. We live near Higley and Queen Creek in Coronado Ranch. Also willing to part with the large cleaner shrimp and emerald crab (goodluck finding it) for your help. If not interested in that i may have some ammo depending what you shoot!

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can likely help send me a pm I will respond around noon AZ time I have a Refractometer digital and analog

OP
OP
73_Travelall

73_Travelall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha Right on Cooltown, this is the first ive heard of anything I havent heard from my grandmother. Sounds like you made it out did you snag the clener shrimp or what do i owe you? Be back on the 29th late

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bad we don’t live closer, I work for ammo.. lol. Love your avatar! I had the 1976 bicentennial edition IH travel-all with the red, white and blue graphics.. loved that truck! My very first vehicle was a 62 IH scout 800 series.

BTW.. welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
73_Travelall

73_Travelall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet I believe you mean the Traveler based on the year alone Travelall last year was 75. Too funny thats my uncles first vehicle as well he grew up in CA his brother is still heavily involved in the IH community there ive never met the chap but i heard he makes replica parts and writes IH enthusiast articles. Thanks for the welcome if you ever decide to get back into an IH check out Sonora Desert Scouts

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet I believe you mean the Traveler based on the year alone Travelall last year was 75. Too funny thats my uncles first vehicle as well he grew up in CA his brother is still heavily involved in the IH community there ive never met the chap but i heard he makes replica parts and writes IH enthusiast articles. Thanks for the welcome if you ever decide to get back into an IH check out Sonora Desert Scouts

Yes you are correct it was a traveler! Been to many years.. lol. I do remember the 7 miles per gallon during the gas crisis in the 70’s .. Ha! 392, holly 4 barrel, 727 torque flight :D

OP
OP
73_Travelall

73_Travelall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah thats not going to fly i havent decided what is going under the hood, was planning to go with an oldschool mechanical diesel but i might end up biting the bullet and go electronic still up in the air not a decision I'll be making until early 2019 hoping to squeeze atleast 20mpg

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah thats not going to fly i havent decided what is going under the hood, was planning to go with an oldschool mechanical diesel but i might end up biting the bullet and go electronic still up in the air not a decision I'll be making until early 2019 hoping to squeeze atleast 20mpg

I drive a H3 these days.. 5 cylinder with manual and getting 21-22 out of it. yeah I’m in Va, saw the work for ammo and it made me smile so I had to comment.. didn’t mean to highjack your thread ;) Nice to meet you.

OP
OP
73_Travelall

73_Travelall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drive a H3 these days.. 5 cylinder with manual and getting 21-22 out of it. yeah I’m in Va, saw the work for ammo and it made me smile so I had to comment.. didn’t mean to highjack your thread ;) Nice to meet you.
Right on just learned something quite interesting lastnight, the car were driving is a Toyota Fortuner 2.5 diesel gets 40 mpg doesnt look like this engine is available stateside hmmmm

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.. gotta love a diesel and being a Toyota it should run forever, can get parts for it?

OP
OP
73_Travelall

73_Travelall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been looking into finding one Ill have to call some of the japanese engine importers when we get back surprisingly theres no salvage yards here and were told they do not sell just engines here either

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back