Anyone premix Reef Roids with AB+¿

Bmr4Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about pouring the correct amount of reef roids in my AB+ bottle that I store in the fridge for simpler feeding. Anyone already do this?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean mix it together, I do that, but I tend to use it straight away, and then probably only once a month or thereabouts

If you mean just but the roids into the unused bottle, I can’t see why not as long as you watch it doesn’t go off over a long period.

Maybe give it a try and see how you get on

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef roids are supposed to be prepared fresh in the appropriate dosage for each feeding... mixing and storing them in a bottle of AB+ will create a great recipe for burning the flesh off your corals...

OP
OP
B

Bmr4Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean mix it together, I do that, but I tend to use it straight away, and then probably only once a month or thereabouts

If you mean just but the roids into the unused bottle, I can’t see why not as long as you watch it doesn’t go off over a long period.

Yup. I mean mix it together and store it for multiple uses. I currently mix right when I'm about to use it.

OP
OP
B

Bmr4Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup. I mean mix it together and store it for multiple uses. I currently mix right when I'm about to use it.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you should be fine, I wouldn’t hesitate to do it anyway if that’s any help, at least for shortish periods so it doesn’t go off.

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been mixing tank water/AB+ to thaw mysis and then spot feeding. Could I do same with AB+ and RR and spot feed? basically Billy Pipes syringe technique, but with AB+ instead of water?

Is that too much being injected into corals? any downside?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back