Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ question

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,600
Reaction score
4,532
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, A friend who broke down and got rid of their tank gave me an unopened bottle of Red Sea Energy AB+. Does anyone here use this? IS it worth using? Does it need to be in the fridge after opening?
 
Hi mom.

I've been using AB for 4 yrs right after my weekly WC. I dont measure, i just do 3 strong squeezes into the return chamber lol.
I do notice that my sps do color up bc i did stop using it for a couple of months due to too much nutrients in my tank. And yes, i does add a bit of nutrients into your tank. I really think it is a very good product by RS - other than this RS, i dont use any other RS products ; p

Edit: Yes fridge it after open
 
I dose it daily, opened it does need to be in the fridge.
Technically it can last about a week opened and NOT in a cooled environment.
 
Last edited:
Hi mom.

I've been using AB for 4 yrs right after my weekly WC. I dont measure, i just do 3 strong squeezes into the return chamber lol.
I do notice that my sps do color up bc i did stop using it for a couple of months due to too much nutrients in my tank. And yes, i does add a bit of nutrients into your tank. I really think it is a very good product by RS - other than this RS, i dont use any other RS products ; p
Thank you for the input! Yeah, I have never been a big fan of RS either. That's why I was asking. I am not too worried about the raise in nutrients because I already carbon dose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new