Anyone purchase LR from Aquatictech?

OceanJack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that these guys had Fiji Live Rock available in a few different forms, I know they're not wild harvested but still Fiji rock nonetheless.
Anyone purchase any with this vendor before?

Prices seem really good from what I'm seeing as well.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear, I have not bought anything from Aquatictech.com. Looking at thier site, it looks like most of their live rock is unavailable and their wording hints that some may be shipped by boat which I would definitely avoid. But since some of their options appear to include hand selecting rock they've cured themselves for fairly long period of time it may be very desirable especially as it may have S. Pacific cryptic sponge species not available on Caribean maricultured live rock.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This store is local to me. They have some runways in the front of the store that is a green house that have been running for years. That said I have never seen any live rock offered for sale. Last time I was there was a few weeks ago and there was none offered so that may have changed.
A bit off topic but I purchased a fish the last time in. The water was labeled as 1.020. and when I tested it with my refractometer it was 1.015. I calibrate the refractometer and compare it to a tropic Marin hydrometer so I'm confident mine is accurate. I guess what I'm saying is I feel like they were dishonest. I suppose their equipment could be off but I wouldn't expect that. The owner is very knowledgeable and doesn't strike me as the type of person who would make that mistake. I won't be going back. I've been going there for close to 8 years so I'm not just a one visit and complain person. I wouldn't even have mentioned it if I hadn't seen this post. I just need to trust the vendors I buy from and I no longer feel I can trust them.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 68 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back