Anyone run a chiller on Nano?

Swooshjvm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
319
Reaction score
20
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29gallon Biocube. Interested if anyone has ran a chiller on nano or biocube. Also if u currently run one can u send me pic and let me know how u set it up? Thanks
 
I run one a jbj28nano. I don't have any pics at the moment but I just have a mj1200 as one of the returns it just feeds through the chiller first.
 
just curious how it would work like a gravity feed and pump out? never have messed with a chiller.
 
The chillers really don't need a lot of flow going through them, it gives it more time to cool the water as it passes, its basically a closed loop.

You have the powerhead in the chamber connected to a hose that comes out and into the chiller, then the return hose comes out of the chiller and runs back into the chamber and connects to the return nozzle.
 
Summer is almost over man... Vegas will be nice and cool in a month or so... Just use a small fan to cool it like mentioned above... I use a Walmart clip on fan on my sump and it cools 100gal of water by 4 degrees....;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new