OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon, if this a taboo topic? No offense meant...just thinking about positive things in a world of negative news and especially during a time many of us are home
edit add: I could see a possible TOS misuse so I’d avoid actual names et

Last edited:

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have been looking into it after our daughter passed. Talking with attorneys. Our goals are pretty minimal - support an already existing group in a new way. One challenge is my wife and I have *slightly* different visions for it. Same mission, different methods. The setup seems... not terribly challenging, aside from the legalese, which is what you hire an attorney for :) Maintaining it seems more challenging - we need an all volunteer board to make it viable. Have an accounting friend willing to do the initial legwork there. In reality we are probably 2 years out. Which seems like forever right now. I find the planning of it all to be therapeutic. My wife says she just wants to “hit the fast-forward.” C’est la vie

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first God Bless and condolences, I could see the partnership being potentially therapeutic.... but yes it takes even more planning in some respects than a for profit organization. Especially the legal, money and accounting challenges.
I learned this the hard way and it cost me time and wasted money and effort

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I have the experience to help you solve it, but can I ask what happened?
wow, the list is so long, forgive me if it’s short for now because it’s a very worthy discussion about planning and knowing laws liabilities and regulations before jumping in. Then there is the cyber side like protecting domain names, site design and handling money. Simple on the surface, real work in reality and costly in time and money to the ignorant.
I used to be a net admin in 2002 and may as well have been Gilligan aboard the starship Enterprise
Collecting assorted forms of donations/money and turning it into a tangible positive easy in concept, time and work in practice.
I am glossing over details on purpose

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back