Anyone use a DC battery backup directly with a Profilux 4 controller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SFREEF3R
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I believe there are plugs for power and backup power. Did you incorporate this feature or did you simply run your primary power through the backup power supply?


https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/profilux-4-adapter-for-power-cut-monitoring/
I run my power directly through the backup supply. I don’t use the in box DC adapter at all.

The adapter you reference there is issued to detect a power cut but doesn’t provide power. I use this as well so if I blow a fuse I will get an alert from the profilux that the power is out at the tank.

Ideally I would get a backup for my wifi router and modem as well so I can also get alerts for an outage of the whole house ( I don’t have this yet).
 
@SFREEF3R, I am setting up my GHL Profilux 4 system and came across this post. Any learnings / improvements over the last couple years on this battery backup system? Still working as expected?
Just FYI - I did a stress test last night. I disconnected power to my backup and got ~15hrs supporting my profilux and pump on full blast. I forgot to unplug the power cut detection socket (which triggers cutting the output on the pump to 50% to preserve power). Seems to be holding up!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new