Anyone use a DC battery backup directly with a Profilux 4 controller?

OP
OP
SFREEF3R

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there are plugs for power and backup power. Did you incorporate this feature or did you simply run your primary power through the backup power supply?

I run my power directly through the backup supply. I don’t use the in box DC adapter at all.

The adapter you reference there is issued to detect a power cut but doesn’t provide power. I use this as well so if I blow a fuse I will get an alert from the profilux that the power is out at the tank.

Ideally I would get a backup for my wifi router and modem as well so I can also get alerts for an outage of the whole house ( I don’t have this yet).

OP
OP
SFREEF3R

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SFREEF3R, I am setting up my GHL Profilux 4 system and came across this post. Any learnings / improvements over the last couple years on this battery backup system? Still working as expected?
Just FYI - I did a stress test last night. I disconnected power to my backup and got ~15hrs supporting my profilux and pump on full blast. I forgot to unplug the power cut detection socket (which triggers cutting the output on the pump to 50% to preserve power). Seems to be holding up!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back