Anyone use a marineland 40B?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jonreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,004
Reaction score
1,075
Location
Pittsburgh PA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I am trying to upgrade my Nuvo 20 to bigger. I have had a Seapora 50 Breeder on order at my LFS but its still not in stock at suppliers and its been a month. I am not sure if they are discontinuing the tank or something. Pet smart has the marineland and was tempted I have had the Aqueon 40 in the past but had bubbles in the seams and dont trust another.
I really want the 50 for the extra 2" tall and the build of Seapora seems to be a good step up. I just dont know if it will ever come in and really want to get the tank upgraded.
I almost bought the Marineland tonight at petsmart but when i put it on the cart and inspected everything the one seam look to have very little silicone on it and really didnt cover much past like the other seams so I passed and it was the only one they have in stock.
There is another petsmart near me that claims they have some I might go look at but not sure do I buy this or wait for the Seapora
 
Lots of people have them, but I wouldnt rush it. Tanks are the hardest thing to change. Wait for your tank, order a custom thats the size you want, or stick with what you have. never settle on a tank, you will regret it.
 
neither tank is expensive. I am just wondering if there is a discontinue because of the time it has been out of stock.
I dont want a custom one as I am not looking to spend that for a hobby I am in and out of alot and such. I wont by any tank used as I hardly trust most that are new let alone a used one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new