Anyone use eFlux wave pumps?

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone care to share their experiences using eFlux wave pumps from Current USA? I plan to have it all synced up with their LOOP system, the pricing on them seem pretty good to have that app functionality but i wonder about quality. I'm thinking of getting 2 1050gph for a 125gal tank

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the 2100 gph on my 90. Works pretty good. Thinking about adding one more lower down in the tank. If you have three, two of them are slaved together on the same cycle.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the set up: lights and eflux on my 125. Not the dc pump as it was too large for my sump space. I actually have the 2100's and run them only at about 30 or 40 %. I have them on the sides, by the back, pointing toward the front glass. I have a 3rd jebao wavemaker in there, just to the inside of one overflow box, pointing to the opposite side glass. It's also turned down. I plan to get 1 more eflux, for the same spot on the back wall. I'd rather have more flow, have the flow turned down, then be running them full out. This way I can adjust and go stronger if I need.

So far I love the eflux--quiet. Tank was just started (filled with water) in Feb. and has cycled and starting the uglies. Bought the 2 eflux, 1 with the kit, 1 single. A few weeks later, got the lights with the loop. Only thing, I may, or should ask for another hub to have on hand as the one for the lights is sometimes flakey but if not touched it is okay. I think they'd have to send the entire hub unit for both as they are mounted together. But other than that, everything works nicely.

The loop is great. Took me a bit to figure out the lighting and programming. Easy to run and set the eflux. I have 2 of the marine orbit ic pro's with their brackets. Very pleased so far with what I purchased. First batch of corals in qt, along with fish in another qt. Eager to get them all into their new home!

mwrobers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the system, and I've built mine up over time for my 125g. I initially bought the light w/hub and 2100gph pump (both run at 100%). I later added a second 2100gph pump. I then added 1900gph dc pump (run at about 30%). After adding a BTA, I bought another light fixture. Needless to say, I'm happy with the whole system. First purchase was about a year ago and the light was 2 weeks ago. It's been about 6 months since they demoed the app, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Many promised release dates, but nothing yet.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like I should go with the 2100 instead too !

I really like the system, and I've built mine up over time for my 125g. I initially bought the light w/hub and 2100gph pump (both run at 100%). I later added a second 2100gph pump. I then added 1900gph dc pump (run at about 30%). After adding a BTA, I bought another light fixture. Needless to say, I'm happy with the whole system. First purchase was about a year ago and the light was 2 weeks ago. It's been about 6 months since they demoed the app, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Many promised release dates, but nothing yet.

I believe the App is out i have it downloaded on my phone, havent set it up yet

mwrobers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

App has been out, but you have to purchase the bluetooth hub (~$100) that's not out yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cool. I kinda gave up waiting. Nice. Thanks for the update :)

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
App has been out, but you have to purchase the bluetooth hub (~$100) that's not out yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I got the one that comes with the light on the way, The Orbit IC LED Pro Loop bundle idk if thats the separate 100 bucks thing. I know fluval charges for a separate wifi thing

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also like them, have 2 2100’s on my 20g at 10%. I didnt want to buy new pumps when i upgrade lol. On surge mode they alternate which one is surging.

Andrew.oh17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the pumps, but I don’t use the lights.

I have a group of 3 in my 180 and am considering adding another set of 3 to replace some older powerheads. I’ve debated over getting a gyre, but I love the versatility these give you...especially as corals grow - it’s easy to move each one around the tank to maximize flow.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bundle im getting says it comes with the lights and the loob hub, does that mean when i buy the eflux i need to buy the kit? or just the add on?

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have ss of the item you ordered?
From my understanding the bundles ive seen have the lights, 2 circulation pumps, 1 submersible pump, pump hub, and controller. But there maybe other options i didnt see. i wasnt replacing my ai’s, so didnt look closely at what bundles included a light.
Only bundle i saw with the light.
https://www.marinedepot.com/Current...yZewfc_BqCfxgmpZE46Q4r95HKrk7s6RoCZEoQAvD_BwE

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have ss of the item you ordered?
From my understanding the bundles ive seen have the lights, 2 circulation pumps, 1 submersible pump, pump hub, and controller. But there maybe other options i didnt see. i wasnt replacing my ai’s, so didnt look closely at what bundles included a light.
Only bundle i saw with the light.
https://www.marinedepot.com/Current...yZewfc_BqCfxgmpZE46Q4r95HKrk7s6RoCZEoQAvD_BwE
amazon had the bundles as well I believe. didn't see that they came with the bluetooth when I was looking

this is the kit im talking about https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071NPM68X/

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like no pumps. Does mean you just have to buy the accessory pumps, not the full pump kit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...+wave+pump&dpPl=1&dpID=41pYeuwDHiL&ref=plSrch
I didnt see a remote listed, though i might have missed that. Also if it has the bluetooth this is probably unnecessary.

I zoomed in and the remote shows the eflux controls, so i just buy add ons and i dont need that IR looking thing the other kit has like this right? https://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-6002-2100-eFlux/dp/B01M27BEUW/

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Susan edwards might have better input on that. Its possible the controller has its own ir sensor.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first ordered 1 pump and kit. Came with hub, remote and sensor. Ordered also a pump without hub. When the lights came, ordered without the pump or wavemakers, they came with hubs for pumps and lights on one bracket for mounting. So even though no wavemakers, still came with hub. Also came with sensor and remote, along with the loop controller. I know have an extra hub, sensor from the order of the one eflux pump and an extra remote from that same order.

Very happy with set up. Haven't got but a couple corals in the tank so no idea on lights yet. Figure if needed I could prob. put a third light on tank. Ordered the extra wide brackets for the rimmed tank. It's an aqueon mega dual overflow. Needed the wider mounting bracket. Used 3 of them.

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had their largest sump pump for almost 1 year and it continues to cut off throughout the day. When I contacted the Current Company they sent me a new control switch "because that is usually the problem". The issue is the switch over heats since I run my pump full on. Not happy and would definitely recommend another pump since company is not correcting problem.

Vicbones1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to chime in as well.
I bought 2 of the 48" to 60" Current Orbit IC lights , 3 of the 2,100 eflux wave pumps, 3170 GPH controllable dc flow pumps and two of the tank mounts. They are now less then 4 months old. Have 2 of the 3 wave makers go out and the light controller has a mind of it's own. It will turn the lights on and off every 4 hours. I did not change anything other than clean the wave makers and factory reset the controller to work again. No luck in getting a response from Current USA via phone or email. I feel like I made a bad investment for it to go out as quick as it did.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back