Anyone use eFlux wave pumps?

freshy&salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to chime in as well.
I bought 2 of the 48" to 60" Current Orbit IC lights , 3 of the 2,100 eflux wave pumps, 3170 GPH controllable dc flow pumps and two of the tank mounts. They are now less then 4 months old. Have 2 of the 3 wave makers go out and the light controller has a mind of it's own. It will turn the lights on and off every 4 hours. I did not change anything other than clean the wave makers and factory reset the controller to work again. No luck in getting a response from Current USA via phone or email. I feel like I made a bad investment for it to go out as quick as it did.
Well thats disappointing to hear customer service is bad.
I just hit the 4 month mark and realized the 2nd pump isnt running. After plugging pump 2 into slot 1 to make sure the pump worked(it did), Im pretty sure the HUB died somehow. I can program both pumps all I want but the 2nd slot just wont turn on.
4 months and its failed, kinda thinking the quality on these is pretty low.
I just sent them an email. Fingers crossed.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 4 of my 2100's and both 660's have been running shy of a year with zero issues so far.

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my tank 200 gal) it came with two of the small wave pumps and loop system. I replaced with two 2100 and they have been running fine. The smaller ones died.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oops forgot to update

So far everything has been working fine with IC LOOP Pro. my only corals that died were cause the fish buried them lol.

I did have a recent issue with a wave pump sucking water instead of blowing but I was able to solve it by turning it off for 30 mins and then turning it back on. Another poster told me that cleaning the magnet would help as well so thats something to keep in mind.

So far running strong since March :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back