Anyone use HDX all purpose white sponges to clean algae off glass? Are they reef safe?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen white sponges used to scrub glass in some wordwidecoral videos as well as some local fish stores. I couldnt find much about these white sponges. I found these hdx all purpose sponges in homedepot and was wondering if any uses them or knows if they are reef safe to use inside tanks. If anyone know that would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 8.41.25 PM.png

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen white sponges used to scrub glass in some wordwidecoral videos as well as some local fish stores. I couldnt find much about these white sponges. I found these hdx all purpose sponges in homedepot and was wondering if any uses them or knows if they are reef safe to use inside tanks. If anyone know that would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 8.41.25 PM.png
I haven’t seen the videos, but the white sponges are probably melamine sponges (like the magic eraser sponges). The thread below discusses these, but the most relevant quote is the one below the link.
Save yourself money and just buy Melamine sponges not magic erasers. Same thing but you can buy like a 50 for the price of 2 magic erasers.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen the videos, but the white sponges are probably melamine sponges (like the magic eraser sponges). The thread below discusses these, but the most relevant quote is the one below the link.
ok cool, thats for letting me know, going to place an order for them

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back