Anyone use Sony DSLR?

planecrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 1 1/2 years ago I purchased a Sony Alpha 100. My reasoning behind this was that Sony had purchased Minolta so the optics are solid. Sony's imaging seems to be solid as well. The camera uses the Maxxum autofocus mechanism and lens mount, so it can use the older maxxum lenses. And finally, Minolta / Sony decided to put their image stabilization in the camera body rather than the lens. It's not a 5d, but I've had pretty darn good luck with it.

Does anyone else use Sony? It's certainly not the most popular option, but seems to be a good camera. If not, why not?

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one and i am extremely happy with it! Now i need a macro lens for it too.

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Sony Alpha A200 and am extremely please with it also. Its kinda hard to find a decently priced macro lens though.

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a Sony Alpha 300, and love it! We have bought a macro yet, but when we do it wont be the plastic Sony point of sale. JMO!

Dustin

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 114 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back