Anyone use the SCWD Wavemaker?

hardimanm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a much more powerful return pump and started looking into getting the SCWD wavemaker. Problem is the reviews are mixed at best. Some state theirs has been going strong for years with little maintenance while others say theirs died after 3 months or so.
So im looking for anyone that has or is currently using the SCWD and their experiences with this.
Thanks for any help in advance

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a much more powerful return pump and started looking into getting the SCWD wavemaker. Problem is the reviews are mixed at best. Some state theirs has been going strong for years with little maintenance while others say theirs died after 3 months or so.
So im looking for anyone that has or is currently using the SCWD and their experiences with this.
Thanks for any help in advance

Hardiman, I can get the oceans motions wave makers and they last forever. Give me a call.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ocean motions is the one I am using and it does a great job.Easy no fuss settings with great control.
Jason

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read way too much about the failure rates of those. from everythign I have read, the Ocean Motions are great devices and worth the money. I would get one, but my tank is not setup for one, and I really dont want to redo everythign... fwiw, I do have a pair of seaswirls on my tank.

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both the 3/4" (very failure prone) and the 1" (rock solid). You can also clean the 1" as it has top access. I would recommend one if you are going to use your return for flow. I have a 1" on my DSA 185 and it's effect is in the noise with a wavebox and powerheads. If you run closed loop then I would give the 1" a try. If your main circ is internal then i would skip it. I would sell you mine for $40 if you want to give it a try..

-bart

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pickuman66 - How do you like your seaswirl? Dr. Sanjai Joshi seems to like a closed loop with s Seaswirl better than an Ocean Motions setup.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomako, I like them while they are not on my closed loop, they do work well with my return setup. my return from the sump is 2" that splits into a 4 outlet, 1" manifold across the top. the tow seaswirls are on the ends of the tank. they oscilate opposite (one towards back, one towards front) each other and give a slight back and forth motion overall. the other two outlets are in teh middle of the tank. overall, I like them. I dont think i am using them to their fullest potential but they work well for me.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back