Violet Aquarium, anyone used them?

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing, I was just looking at this website. I was told they were credible. An old forum for 2009 said that they had diseased fish but I take that with a grain of salt because they have had time to improve.

PopDBE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VIolet sea aquarium?

It's local to me and well known in our reef club. Some tanks are overcrowded, but they just installed about 40 smaller tanks to separate the fish. They're more known for fish than corals.

They dont qt fish, but i qt them and theyre just fine.

No experience with their shipping method.

Placerreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beware buying any fish online from Violet Aquarium! I purchased a couple pairs of WYSIWYG clowns on 3/3. I received a shipment email with a UPS tracking number that looked suspicious. The tracking showed dropped off in Sunnyvale, CA and that was it. No updated tracking info and the fish never arrived. They won't return my calls or emails. This also happened to another friend locally who thousand $+ order arrived, was signed for, but UPS kept the box stating there was fraudulent activity on their account. Their store phone in non working and I've heard they're selling fish they don't actually have on hand.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used them multiple times for a wide variety of fish. All being shipped cross country. Never any or problems or issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back