anyone use this water?

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone used water like this for waterchanges? Would there be any issue using it? I don't have a rodi system yet and I can't always get to lfs.

OP
OP
R

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200324_144253.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone used water like this for waterchanges? Would there be any issue using it? I don't have a rodi system yet and I can't always get to lfs.

Edit.

The issue with those water dispenser units is you never know when they serviced them. They are RO only and doesn’t have the DI to clean up what’s left. TDS isn’t known with these as well.

Distilled water would be better, but still not ideal.

smacbride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local Natural Grocers has a system similar to this, without the mineralization part. Basically RO with the UV filter. They charge 0.25 cents per gallon. I've been using it for the last year for my tank and it has worked out fine so far.

OP
OP
R

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit.

The issue with those water dispenser units is you never know when they serviced them. They are RO only and doesn’t have the DI to clean up what’s left. TDS isn’t known with these as well.

Distilled water would be better, but still not ideal.
I didn't think about how often they get serviced. Good point. I should probably just get some extra containers and stock up at lfs when I can.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I used it for a past tank years ago for a year and it never let me down. Better than tap

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think about how often they get serviced. Good point. I should probably just get some extra containers and stock up at lfs when I can.

This^. But I would caution with the LFS’s water as well. They can say that they have perfect water, but they might not. Do they service their unit and maintain it as well? Sorry to sound like a Debbie downer.

Save up for a RO/DI unit and you will have total control.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save up for a RO/DI unit and you will have total control.
+ 1000 on this!!! Best purchase you can ever make! Total control of the water. No hassle in making trips and lugging water. No depending on a LFS to maintain their filters or the water dispensing company. And way cheaper in the long run!! A long time ago I did use water from a dispenser like that with no ill effects. I was only keeping fish and very few corals back then. And the corals were of the bullet proof variety. Now, I can’t imagine going without an RO/DI system.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back