Anyone used Calcium reactor media as substrate?

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to start a new tank. It’s going to be primarily acros eventually. I don’t want the bare bottom blues but also don’t want sand blowing all over. Considering running calrx media maybe 3/4” - 1” in the bottom instead of sand. I plan to use a lot of 3” square tiles for frags so a lot of the coral skeletons won’t even be seen. Wondering if I’m over looking something g or if I should be fine. If anyone has images of it done it would be greatly appreciated if you shared them.

Reefvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not used calcium media, but I have some magnesium rock media on bottom front area. It is now purple coraline covered rocks - I will leave it in and add a bit of sand mixed with it.my cuc crew keeps all clean.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have used the crushed coral substrate before but not long term. heck i still have 2 bags of it sitting out in the barn. basically the same as calrx media. i would run it now but i like to keep wrasses. a good friend of mine swears by it or either doing a mixture of it and special grade

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back