Anyone using a DIY reagent for KH Guardian ?

Anyone still bricking units? Lol
to be honest, i don't love the kamoer alk testers. They work, but i still adore my KHG. Even with the bs proprietary reagent. The kanoers don't allow alk reading offset, and they use 50ml reagent for each test, so I have to mix up gallons of reagent and spend a couple of days manually testing alk and fine tuning the reagent each batch. 1.8ml hardware store acid per liter is close. Its super sensitive, so 1 drop of acid in a liter can make the alk reading change by 0.2dkh even. Doesn't make sense that its so sensitive, yet needs 50ml reagent for a single titration.
 
Is it possible to downgrade? Someone has previous firmware?
I am starting to think it’s BS like they put this out there to stop people from trying


One how can it measure viscosity when ur mixing it with 1500ml of water when it’s only six grams itself @Randy Holmes-Farley how would they be able to tell the difference of the liquid when it is watered down that much?
the latest firmware not only has the RF_ERR, but a new "feature...." anti-rollback for firmware. the anti-rollback is legal, sadly. the locking due to non-oem reagent i do not believe is, at least in a few US states.
 
Crap. I was about to roll back but pretty sure I’m in the latest firmware. I hate this company… can’t even find their reagent from someplace that has free shipping….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new