Anyone using a nearpow timer on a plank feeder?

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,754
Reaction score
33,763
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set it up using the instructions in the video below. I can tell it's working by the changing of the food in the hopper. Now the million$ question. I have it set up to run for 1.5 minutes each hour so 1.5 on 58.5 off. How am I supposed to know what time each hour it will be activating to feed? I suppose I could sit and stare at it but I really have other things I'd like to do lol. I thought it would feed at the begining of each hour but that not the case. Can anyone help out an old tech challenged guy?

 
I set it up using the instructions in the video below. I can tell it's working by the changing of the food in the hopper. Now the million$ question. I have it set up to run for 1.5 minutes each hour so 1.5 on 58.5 off. How am I supposed to know what time each hour it will be activating to feed? I suppose I could sit and stare at it but I really have other things I'd like to do lol. I thought it would feed at the begining of each hour but that not the case. Can anyone help out an old tech challenged guy?



How big is your tank, and are you running it that long 24/7?
 
How big is your tank, and are you running it that long 24/7?
It's running 1.5 minutes an hour from 11am to 10pm. Tank is a 330g with 9 large tangs and a handful of other fish including a dwindling group of chromis. TBH the plank is probably feeding less I do 🤭 . I'm home all day and my fish are better at begging than my dogs so I'm tossing some type of food in off and on all day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new