Anyone using Jebao OW-40 wavemaker?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I know overall they are Chinese crap but my budget right now (Christmas with 3 kids) doesn’t permit buying a high dollar unit. I have a 150G cube and I’m trying figure out which one to use so I don’t create a sand storm. I’m torn between the OW-40 and OW-25. My tank is 40 inches long but 30’ wide and 31’tall. If I had a 72’ long tank I wouldn’t be asking but here I am so let me know what you think.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Jebao Wavemakers for several years and so far have been thrilled with there performance v cost.. The OW-25’s should be enough for that tank, I have a single one running on a 40 breeder and only run it at about 30-40% so a couple will probably work great.

Last edited:

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of livestock do you keep. I run a 48”x18”x18” sps tank with 2 OW40’s. They’re about just right when they’re clean. If they’re dirty then they’re a little weak. I have a 60”x24”x24” I’ll be upgrading to and I would consider either adding a pair of OW60 or even springing for some vortech mp40’s to add to the jebaos. The Chinese crap moniker is a weak accusation. I had a first gen mp40 that had two wet side magnets corrode, as well as a tunze 6105 motor die on me inside of a year of use. I’ve had a sicce syncra die on me inside of a year too. Yet I have gen 1 wp40 pumps still running also from 2013 that are still going strong all original pieces.

Take apart a vortech dry side and guess what the sticker on the stator coils say? “Made in Taiwan.” Just because a company’s majority shareholders and corporate HQ is in America doesn’t mean their products are made there. And just because a pump is $500, there’s no intrinsic guarantee it’ll be any more reliable than one that is $100. They use similar components. You’re paying for marketing and software development mostly, and English speaking customer service reps

OP
OP
Frtdrmrose7

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly keep softies and some SPS. I just want to make sure to keep a good current moving in the tank. I appreciate your input and I’ll give one a shot.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back