Anyone using this WIFI power strip? Comments or Suggestions welcome.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm been looking on a way to speed up the process of shutting down the return pump and power heads when feeding or during water changes. I can't afford a APEX system right now but been looking for an alternative and would like to know your opinion about this one. If you have another suggestion be more than welcome to post it here.
Thanks you in advance.

51uR1SuuctL__SL1000_.jpg

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one at home, however i do not use it for the tank i used it for Christmas lights. So my time using it was only for 2 months. I had a little issue connecting it to my network the app couldn't find it for maybe 10 minutes, but that was the only issue i had. Kasa makes a whole bunch of other wifi items, you can go pretty crazy with it. The power strip itself has some weight to it, you may not expect. The app itself i liked, straight forward, clean looking. Each outlet is it's own "function" so on the list you will not see the power strip listed, it will list the outlets independently which can be renamed.

Sorry i do not have any feedback on the aquarium use of it :(

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the strip has an option for outlets to be on at power up - losing internet connectivity and having the outlets power down all your pumps if the power blips would be bad.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one at home, however i do not use it for the tank i used it for Christmas lights. So my time using it was only for 2 months. I had a little issue connecting it to my network the app couldn't find it for maybe 10 minutes, but that was the only issue i had. Kasa makes a whole bunch of other wifi items, you can go pretty crazy with it. The power strip itself has some weight to it, you may not expect. The app itself i liked, straight forward, clean looking. Each outlet is it's own "function" so on the list you will not see the power strip listed, it will list the outlets independently which can be renamed.

Sorry i do not have any feedback on the aquarium use of it :(

Thanks for your comments.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the individual outlets to control cabinet lights. They work well. I had planned on using more for different things.

Some of the ones I have come right back on after power loss, some don't so you have to be sure what you are using them on.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the individual outlets to control cabinet lights. They work well. I had planned on using more for different things.

Some of the ones I have come right back on after power loss, some don't so you have to be sure what you are using them on.

That's was my main concern. Thanks @dantimdad

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not using this exact brand but all of these are similar and I think a great alternative for someone looking for a little bit of controlability without the expense of something like an apex. I have an app on my phone, I label all my outlets digitally and I can easily turn things on and off when I need to with the click of a button, even remotely, without having to touch anything that’s plugged in. I think these are a great option.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back