Anyone using washable filter foam in their sump ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Idech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Before filter Sox some of the trickle filters had foam blocks for mechanical filtration. I think they use open cell foam (vs closed cell) and I can’t see the link on my phone
 
Before filter Sox some of the trickle filters had foam blocks for mechanical filtration. I think they use open cell foam (vs closed cell) and I can’t see the link on my phone
Thanks, here is a picture. I don’t know why I can’t post or see stupid Amazon links.

1706497566020.jpeg
 
Koi pond media is the right stuff, unless it’s junk and the reviews of the product should provide some insight, but I think it’s what you want for a pre filter.
 
My Ruby Trigger System, has one. It’s probably to keep course debris out of my Pump Chamber and as a Bubble eliminator. Found out to never use bleach on them, to lengthen their life.
 
My Ruby Trigger System, has one. It’s probably to keep course debris out of my Pump Chamber and as a Bubble eliminator. Found out to never use bleach on them, to lengthen their life.
Any link to this product ?

The one I bought was too coarse and stopped the water flow normally flowing.
 
aquacave dot com I was a bit PO’d at them though. Ordered Four, they only had two. Charge me for shipping, then took their time refunding me for the two. BTW, they have different sizes of the foam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new