Anyone using Zeolite to control ammonia?

John Hughes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2017
Messages
150
Reaction score
53
Location
The Villages, Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had to quickly setup a qt tank, ich and flatworms, and was having a hard time controlling the ammonia level in the tank. I used a seeded sponge filter and hob filter with seeded floss from my dt. It's a 20 gal and I was doing between 5 and 10 gal water changes every other day.

I remembered having read about Zeolite crystals effect on ammonia and decided to add some to the qt's hob filter and the next day the ammonia level was close to zero!

Anyone else using this or know of any bad effects from it's use?

Thanks in advance
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new