Anysuch thing as a Blue Slimer or Red Slimer??

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
F5F7F288-D6EA-49CA-8F6F-946D93FF34A7.jpeg

How about stag horn damsel live in their favorite coral

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice to say the least

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hugo Rainbow Stag I got from Fox is a stunner. I’m at work. I can post pics later

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a blue slimer from cherry corals I hope turns out to be all blue they said it needs high light to stay all blue. Does everyone else that has a blue one find the same? Or do they stay blue no matter what?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora Formosa.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a purple slimer. Holla if your ever on the Tampa side of things. I can easily make a few hefty frags

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some frags of this if interested, Its from Vivid aquariums. I think it is called ultimate staghorn.
stag.jpg

looks like Vivid doesn’t carry this anymore... what an awesome coral. Looks like it could be a faster grower... I have an Oregon tort but it’s a pain because it grows so much slower that other acros and constantly gets shadowed

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m always game for trades however I just nuked my last anemone for blasting through whatever high dollar Acro it felt like. I put one in and in short order had 7. Leaned my lesson on anemones. If an easy meet can happen you can have the coral i actually have a 3” colony on a frag plug you can have. I fight the trend of absurd frag prices so I usually charge 0$.

OP
OP
B

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m always game for trades however I just nuked my last anemone for blasting through whatever high dollar Acro it felt like. I put one in and in short order had 7. Leaned my lesson on anemones. If an easy meet can happen you can have the coral i actually have a 3” colony on a frag plug you can have. I fight the trend of absurd frag prices so I usually charge 0$.

That would be great. I have a nice orange lepto if you want it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a true blue slimer for years and years. Even made threads and posted in threads asking about it and nothing. Now all of a sudden there are multiple places to find it? I am curious as to what each one looks like. I don’t think they are too common at all.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can you get it? Thanks!

This is a strain that the museums are keeping that someone brought to them because of how unique it is. A few days before this thread I asked a local shop that maintains the smithsonian if they had seen this coral there. If so then I think I have a good chance of getting it, at least I hope so.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t expect anyone to believe me but I had one (red slimer). Long since gone, it had red bugs long before I even knew what red bugs were but it was an honest to God red stag/slimer. I thought it was a A. Yongei. Came on the cement plugs with the plastic tag that all the old school Bali maricultured came with. Picked it up for next to nothing. Hopefully anyone can find one if they bother to import them anymore. The craze now with absurd multicolored Tenius and cushion/cluster type acros may make shipping real deal classics a waste of resources. Seeing as there is a good showing on this thread alone, I’d love to arrange staghorn only trades/gifting to help round out everyone’s ideal collections. I have a few that id put up, not including torts, although I can add that too. I’ve got probably 6 or 7 distinct staghorn types.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back