Anything wrong with my direction of flow?

roggy23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have my vectra m1 pump turned off atm since I am running a sicce pump into my uv and up into MT. This creates enough flow into drains where I have equilibrium. I also got a new cheto reactor and notice where I have placed the pump and where it is draining to at the moment. Is it OK that I have a uv pump located in the first chamber moving water back into uv and up into Mt and is it ok that I have my cheto pump in that last chamber returning into first? I just hope I don't have some weird flow direction issues..thanks all

20211027_104114.jpg 20211027_104106.jpg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i understand correctly the drawing i personally would not do it that way. It seems to me like the dt water goes to uv and then straight back to DT. The rest of the sump is going to get very little water circulation.

I would put your UV pump where your vectra is. Then DT drains goes to skimmer then the UV. Also would switch the in/out on your cheato reactor so again it getting dt water and then sending to UV. Lots of ways to swith it up i just think how you have it the skimmer and cheato reactor wont be nearly as efficient as they could be

Or i may just be completely misunderstanding your drawing!

OP
OP
R

roggy23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If i understand correctly the drawing i personally would not do it that way. It seems to me like the dt water goes to uv and then straight back to DT. The rest of the sump is going to get very little water circulation.

I would put your UV pump where your vectra is. Then DT drains goes to skimmer then the UV. Also would switch the in/out on your cheato reactor so again it getting dt water and then sending to UV. Lots of ways to swith it up i just think how you have it the skimmer and cheato reactor wont be nearly as efficient as they could be

Or i may just be completely misunderstanding your drawing!
No you get it this was all my concern

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back