AP700 coral acclimation

Kevinb452

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Just finished cycling my new Red Sea 350 and plan on moving my coral over tomorrow! (Super excited)

I bought a AP700 and am worried about bleaching or killing my coral. All the coral is coming from my biocube 32 LED so I'm guessing it's a rather difference in PAR lol. What should I have my max intensity at and how do I go about it? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What types of corals are you moving to the new tank?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Just finished cycling my new Red Sea 350 and plan on moving my coral over tomorrow! (Super excited)

I bought a AP700 and am worried about bleaching or killing my coral. All the coral is coming from my biocube 32 LED so I'm guessing it's a rather difference in PAR lol. What should I have my max intensity at and how do I go about it? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
Does the system come with preset acclimation program? I don't have AP700 so I do not know.
I owned a360we and Kessil spectral controller acclimation preset start at 50% color/15% intensity and rank up like 1%~2% each day for 2 weeks, It's kind weak preset so I manually start at 30% color and 30% intensity and rank up 5% per week, when I hit 50% intensity I lengthen the time to rank up by 2 weeks to be safe, steady low and consistent is the key.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AP700 and there is an acclimation setting. It allows you to choose the length of the acclimation to a certain intensity. This light is strong and will bleach your corals. I would start out at 30% intensity max and use the acclimation setting. You can always raise the intensity slowly as you would any other LED. It is a great light.

OP
OP
Kevinb452

Kevinb452

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AP700 and there is an acclimation setting. It allows you to choose the length of the acclimation to a certain intensity. This light is strong and will bleach your corals. I would start out at 30% intensity max and use the acclimation setting. You can always raise the intensity slowly as you would any other LED. It is a great light.

Perfect! So how does the acclimation setting work exactly? Do I Just turn it on to my existing schedule that I created? Sorry if this sounds stupid I'm just new to this LED programming thing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back