AP700

sheyandpete

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!!
I'm new to this forum and I have a Red Sea 250 setup. I had the tank all nice and ready and bought 2 Damsels today (it's a start!) I have an AP700 over the tank running it on deep blue and 4% intensity it's 8:30 evening time UK. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing on how to run the light i:e how to run the lights from morning to evening. I have an iPhone app to run it. No iPad, just a MacBook Pro. I don't know if I can get an app to run on this. Kessil don't seem to be very helpful on their website with information. Can anybody please advise and help and I would be HUGELY grateful! Many Thanks!!!

Vinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help with AP700. Try sending an email to their customer service. The few times I have done that they responded back the same day. Was very helpful in my experience.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently bought the ap700 to replace my kessil a160s. I love it. Already seeing growth. If you have corals, you must use the acclimation setting to get them used to the strength of the light. The ap700 is a strong light. If you use the app, you have to determine what schedule you like and set the app to it and turn on the acclimation setting for however many days you want up to 14 days, which is what I used. I have my max intensity at 50%. See below for an example. May need to play around with it a little.

IMG_0273.PNG

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The iPhone app works fine, and you should be able to program everything through that. Not as buggy with the new version.

In regards to lighting cycle, lots of threads on that topic. If you're doing fish only you can basically do anything you want. Softies, lps are also quite forgiving, can use lower light generally. SPS corals is where things get trickier. A word of caution with kessil is that it is easier to provide too much light than not enough light. Start out low and increase intensity slowly. But like I said, really depends on what you are going to have in your tank.

OP
OP
sheyandpete

sheyandpete

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks every one for the great advice, i have got a lot to turn over and will certainly bug you all for more info as i go along.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back