APB—-Benny the Midas Blenny MIA...

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current stock of fish: Pair of clowns, Coral Beauty, Fire fish, Azure Damselfish.
CUC: Snails and a cleaner shrimp (no crabs) some spaghetti worms some bristle worms are identifiable stuff besides the worms and stuff in my sand.
Glass too so he didn’t escape.

previous to him missing, I saw him putting his head to the tip of his tail while swimming. Almost like something was bothering his tail.
Other then that. Upon investigation, I did not see anything indicating an issue.

Not sure what might have been his demise though I am sure my shrimp, snails , and bristle worms took care of the evidence....
Anyone have any ideas??
TIA

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a multitude of things that could have happened. He could still be alive tucked into your rockwork somewhere. I've had that happen with gobys. I thought for sure they were dead only to pop up a few weeks later.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the thread title!

Unfortunately there are a multitude of possibilities. He could be in your rocks, lost in your plumbing or sump, possible carpet surf session....the list goes on.

that aside, I’m hoping for a happy ending. Give it some time, he may turn up yet

GHD1959

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's this snail? Dosent move much anymore.

IMG_20200716_132616.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Midas as well, and he lives in a hole in one of my rocks. He can go completely inside the rock and you'd never know he was there. Perhaps he's in a hole/crack/etc. and just hanging out for some reason. I hope you find him OK.
FWIW, my fish never seem to amaze and confuse me. I have a Mandarin that sometimes sleeps on a bed of GSP, sometimes on the rockwork, and other times floating at the top of the tank like it's dead.

OP
OP
Nanorock1970

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump on my system. Running a canister filter. Usually when I feed the fish he is front and center, so this length of time for him to be missing is unusual. His favorite spot where he hung out in the rocks, (if you go to my tank build) is the tall rock on the left...Also the Dam Damsel stalking ground....Seams like the Damsel is getting way more teritorial in that area since the blenny has gone missing. Stocking order was the 2 clowns followed by a few fish that have disappeared....LOL my cleanup crew makes quick work of hiding the body....then the coral beauty, the damsel, firefish (which has a hole at the bottom of the tall rock on the right to hide in) and then the bleaney...

OP
OP
Nanorock1970

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the thread title!

Unfortunately there are a multitude of possibilities. He could be in your rocks, lost in your plumbing or sump, possible carpet surf session....the list goes on.

that aside, I’m hoping for a happy ending. Give it some time, he may turn up yet
I am very careful with my glass lid. IF i am not in front of my tank the lid is closed. Could be in the rocks stuffed somewhere to recover..Not exactly sure why when I was last seeing him that he kept turning to his tail. Nothing was visible and I even tried to look at it with my flipper magnifying glass as he would swim by.

OP
OP
Nanorock1970

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Midas as well, and he lives in a hole in one of my rocks. He can go completely inside the rock and you'd never know he was there. Perhaps he's in a hole/crack/etc. and just hanging out for some reason. I hope you find him OK.
FWIW, my fish never seem to amaze and confuse me. I have a Mandarin that sometimes sleeps on a bed of GSP, sometimes on the rockwork, and other times floating at the top of the tank like it's dead.
Does yours always come out to eat??? Mine is aways front a center. That is what makes this sort of strange. I have seen in the past when I have fish not looking good, my clean up crew takes care of the body...Never had to remove a dead fish from the tank. Mmmm maybe I should throw in a ...Oh never mind LOL.....

OP
OP
Nanorock1970

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be still in the aquarium. If you have an overflow. I had a wrasse who if I couldn’t find him he would be in the overflow.
No overflow. I have a canister filter. I also never have my glass lid to my tank open unless I am in front of it.

OP
OP
Nanorock1970

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the thread title!

Yes the title was meant to grab some attention
Hopefully there will be a happy ending

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back