APC battery back up help

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a ups to use as a backup on my apex and set everything up how Neptune recommended using the power monitor. However I'm having a problem with the ups. When I have the apex energy bar plugged into an outlet that has the backup it will beep at me constantly if more than a couple of things are running. One light is fine, two lights and it'll beep.

Any help is appreciated.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size UPS are you trying to use? Is it possible it's not large enough to handle the load you're trying to put on it via the Energy Bar?

I would also ask this question in the controller forum. Maybe a #mods can move it for better chance of help. Also, you may want to post it on the Neptune user forum.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aquarium-controllers.393/

OP
OP
Pdandy

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the manual that came with the ups. The beeping that I am getting along with the led lights says that it is overloaded. I'll have to upgrade to something bigger I guess.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal. That's pretty much what I thought was the issue. Use the smaller UPS one on your router if you don't already have one there.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with a 1000va i had that same issue until i moved some things around.

Amazon had an amazing deal of the day on a 1500va for 129 last week..

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a few days (close to Thanksgiving) and you will see a lot of deals on these. For now, just plug the pump, 1 of them to the UPS....and pray the power does not go out for too long :)

OP
OP
Pdandy

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a few days (close to Thanksgiving) and you will see a lot of deals on these. For now, just plug the pump, 1 of them to the UPS....and pray the power does not go out for too long :)

My big thing was getting the text alert that the power had gone out. We have four 17500 watt generators at work if we can't get the power back on right away. I just needed the battery to keep the apex up long enough to alert me and maybe run the pump for a max of 30 minutes while I figure out what to do.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big thing was getting the text alert that the power had gone out. We have four 17500 watt generators at work if we can't get the power back on right away. I just needed the battery to keep the apex up long enough to alert me and maybe run the pump for a max of 30 minutes while I figure out what to do.
You should be fine without a pump for 30 mins....Just use the UPS for the base of the apex and the modem and router.....things to send email. You can also set up an account with http://www.reeftronics.net/ they ping your apex every 10 minutes or so and will email you if your apex is unreachable....FREE

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back