Apex 2016 connected but not responding, coincidence or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had lost power this morning. I got everything restored. I connect wifi in fusion and i see the apex but it's not allowing me to change any state of equipment and now it it shows the AOS went back a software version. For the past couple of days i have been trying to connect local with Ethernet cable and comes up with in screenshot. Need help please.

Screenshot_2.png

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be common when the power fails. When this happens to mine, I disconnect the Ethernet port and unplug the apex from the outlet. Wait about a minute and plug it back in, then I plug the Ethernet back in after the apex starts up and eventually it connects and that pink notation goes away. Hope this helps. You would think that a piece of equipment as expensive as this would be more user friendly.

OP
OP
seitzjh

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be common when the power fails. When this happens to mine, I disconnect the Ethernet port and unplug the apex from the outlet. Wait about a minute and plug it back in, then I plug the Ethernet back in after the apex starts up and eventually it connects and that pink notation goes away. Hope this helps. You would think that a piece of equipment as expensive as this would be more user friendly.
The logo is orange. I have had this about a year now. This is the first time having this problem. Normally works, power goes out and everything restores fine.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The logo is orange. I have had this about a year now. This is the first time having this problem. Normally works, power goes out and everything restores fine.
I was referring to the communication error message. I get the same thing on mine if I lose communication. I used to use WiFi and stopped since I would get connection errors all the time and the router is 5ft from it so I just direct connected it. But, when the power is tripped, I have the same issue as you so the above is what I do.

OP
OP
seitzjh

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referring to the communication error message. I get the same thing on mine if I lose communication. I used to use WiFi and stopped since I would get connection errors all the time and the router is 5ft from it so I just direct connected it. But, when the power is tripped, I have the same issue as you so the above is what I do.
I can't even connect hard wire local or wifi now. Very thing has been working fine for a year and now this.

OP
OP
seitzjh

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Neptune got me. Controller is all of a sudden down graded one version. FMM's showing that they need to be updated when it shows update 13 is there. I wasn't able to establish any type off connection. Readings are just nuts. I was finally able to get a connection and had to do a few fixes to settings that were not how i had it set up. I had no problems with the apex until after posting this. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-and-vectra-pumps-control-ability-the-run-around-game.529181/

It's a very strange coincidence that this all happened.

Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_9.png

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back