APEX 2016 Energy Bar Problem.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What am I doing wrong.
Doesn't look like anything. The dashboard is showing that the "REFUGE" switch is currently (in your screenshot) in the "ON" position, so there are several possibilities I can think of:
1) The light itself is either off (if there is a switch) or the light itself is faulty
2) The outlet you're working with above may be a "virtual" outlet and is not actually controlling a plug
3) The outlet the fuge light is plugged into is different than the one you're programming.
4) The outlet you're using is, itself, faulty

Can you try the following (in order):
- Try resetting the Apex; turn it off, let it sit for 1min, then turn it back on. Test the light again.
- Plug the light directly into a non-controlled outlet (eg; the wall). Does it turn on? If not; look for an on/off switch; else the light (or it's power source) is likely bad.
- Plug the light back into the Apex and set the virtual switch to "on". Does the light actually turn on? If not, check (on the "Outputs" screen) to see what the "type" is for your outlet (it should be "outlet"; not "virtual"). If it's "outlet", check to be sure the number matches the one you've plugged the light into.
- Try using a different outlet; copy your "Advanced" programming into that outlet's configuration and see if that works (if it works, the outlet itself is possibly bad).

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got an apex and I got the thing to work except for the eb832. I plug it into the main unit and it makes a noise like its booting and the just blinks white orange. It will not show up on the modules page so I cant update it. I have no idea what to so next. Could it be a bad power bar. If I plug the usb part of the way i get a blinking orange then it will either go to white orange or just turn off

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got an apex and I got the thing to work except for the eb832. I plug it into the main unit and it makes a noise like its booting and the just blinks white orange. It will not show up on the modules page so I cant update it. I have no idea what to so next. Could it be a bad power bar. If I plug the usb part of the way i get a blinking orange then it will either go to white orange or just turn off

Do you have anything else connected? Or just the EB832 plugged into the wall, and the aquabus cable connecting the EB832 to the apex head unit?

Can always contact support: https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if I unplug main unit from aux power it will not turn on either one

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have anything else connected? Or just the EB832 plugged into the wall, and the aquabus cable connecting the EB832 to the apex head unit?

Can always contact support: https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/
When I first tried to set it up I thought it was odd that I would connect the eb and the base together and nothing would happen so then o resorted to connecting the base with aux and that powered up the base and then I tried the bus cable but all that happens is a blinking white orange light

20200525_122351.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if I unplug main unit from aux power it will not turn on either one

I do not know why the main head unit would be connected to aux power. That does not come with the kit, because it gets power from the EB832. What power supply are you using?

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an aux power that is compatible with the apex. But once I unplug it and have it hooked up using the bus to eb all power is gone

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an aux power that is compatible with the apex. But once I unplug it and have it hooked up using the bus to eb all power is gone

What voltage is the aux plug you used? It should say on the adapter

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back