View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to program it like this
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If FeedD 000 Then ON

It should Run for how ever long FeedD is programmed to run then turn off once FeedD turns off.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me more about the breakout box thing I have not seen any for sale or any instructions for wiring and programming.
Thanks,
Once I connected the Break out box to the main apex head it adds switches.

Screenshot_2017-11-04-22-22-07.png

Screenshot_2017-11-04-22-25-19.png

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If FeedD 000 Then ON

It should Run for how ever long FeedD is programmed to run then turn off once FeedD turns off.
I didn't think you could program how long a feed button runs. It's usually 3-4 minutes.

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to do it from the controller or thru the old APex dashboard

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If FeedD 000 Then ON

Ok I probably need to change it to that to simplify things but now I am liking the breakout box thing where I can put in a switch on the door

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I probably need to change it to that to simplify things but now I am liking the breakout box thing where I can put in a switch on the door

Break out box would be better for sure. This should get you by until then.

Long into your internet gateway and find out what ipv4 your apex is on. Then type that into the address bar and it should pull up the old apex dash board, which will allow you to modify the Feed times. You could also program your feed times thru the apex display module.

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break out box would be better for sure. This should get you by until then.

Long into your internet gateway and find out what ipv4 your apex is on. Then type that into the address bar and it should pull up the old apex dash board, which will allow you to modify the Feed times. You could also program your feed times thru the apex display module.
Thanks allot Guys!!

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Im still learning all the cool things you can do with the Apex, myself. Update this thread and let us know how it goes!

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily modify your Feed timers in Fusion, you don't have to go to Apex Local if it's not convenient. In Fusion, click on the Gears/Expand at the top, then on the Wrench/Misc, and you've got your Feed timers.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, a common misconception about the Breakout Box. It's just a dead length of cable carrying wires for 6 connections. It doesn't activate any switches, because the switch outlets are already there, in the hidden tiles area. It's just a convenient way of making wiring connections. And as such, you really don't have to use the Neptune one (although it's fine, I have one hooked up). Here's another BoB that some people find more ergonomic: https://www.avastmarine.com/products/digital-input-box

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I already have the neptune BOB coming. I like that Avast one better. Oh well. I have the switch coming too now I just have to figure out how to program the switch. Any help on that would be much appricated.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I already have the neptune BOB coming. I like that Avast one better. Oh well. I have the switch coming too now I just have to figure out how to program the switch. Any help on that would be much appricated.
Look at my earlier snapshot post, that's my stand light programming

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at that. What is the Output water change for?
It's a virtual outlet, when I cut it on it triggers alot of things like return pump off, Wav pumps off, algae scrubber off, ato off and my stand light on. I flip it on when ready to cage my water. You just wouldn't add that line.

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily modify your Feed timers in Fusion, you don't have to go to Apex Local if it's not convenient. In Fusion, click on the Gears/Expand at the top, then on the Wrench/Misc, and you've got your Feed timers.

I forgot they updated fusion so you can modify feed timers. I don't think you could do that before...o_O

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same thing your doing all I did was set it up with a feed mode. For me that was FeedA for when I'm feeding and FeedB for when I'm doing maintance. And it works perfectly. And if i ever need them other then a feed mode then I simply turn then on via Fusion. Here's my code

Fallback OFF
If FeedA 000 Then ON
If FeedB 000 Then ON

It's so simple once u get the hang of it good luck

Back