Apex A3 Pro and ATKv2

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody please tell me what the heck is going on here? lol I have been struggling with this thing for weeks and discovered tonight that the system believes there are two FMM modules.

If I turn the ATK to "On", it pumps water. If I set it to "Auto", it does nothing. And the sensors don't respond to anything. I'm sure I have the "switches" set incorrectly.

But Neptune needs to make this a lot simpler. There is simply no guide for all of the sub-component switches, vars, emails, alarms, etc. If I plug everything in to the FMM and then connect it to the Apex, the darn thing should just work. Why should I have to break out a Ouija board and contact someone from the Great Beyond to find out what all of these variables do?

I spent many years as a programmer and if I ever turned in something this freaking cryptic, indecipherable and undocumented and said it was ready for the masses, they'd have laughed at me.

Anyway, as you can tell, all things Neptune have me frustrated. Apologies.

1677893846578.png

jpark457

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a FMM from a purchased ATK and also a newer apex that includes the FMM in the base unit? I don’t have a separate FMM but my apex pretends I do because the head includes one.

I’m also still crawling my way through the unintuitive apex programming and opted to just get a cheap separate ATO when I set up the apex so I can’t help w the programming but I think the top FMM is your head unit and the bottom is an actual FMM?

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a FMM from a purchased ATK and also a newer apex that includes the FMM in the base unit? I don’t have a separate FMM but my apex pretends I do because the head includes one.

I’m also still crawling my way through the unintuitive apex programming and opted to just get a cheap separate ATO when I set up the apex so I can’t help w the programming but I think the top FMM is your head unit and the bottom is an actual FMM?
Yeah, that's what I'm guessing, too. The programming seems pretty basic but this configuration process is maddening. How the heck should I know what Swx5_1 refers to? You guys ever hear of aliases? Name it something intelligible.

I sent back my salinity probe (Saltwateraquarium.com was kind enough to send a replacement). But I spent weeks trying to get it to work... until I contacted Neptune and they sent me the actual, real instructions. "Click on the gear Icon, now see this icon? It's for Inputs. Now activate the probe." Meanwhile I was trying to do it under the Tasks icon, which also has a Conductivity Probe wizard.

Back